Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/University of Arizona
NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO, not to be confused with the rare and mysterious MOD they are always looking for in Lowes) has taken a picture of a strange object on the surface of Mars. See the above photo. The full story can be found at space.com. Speculation is rampant as to what it is. I, of course, have a list of possibilities nobody else has thought of.
- It’s a logo. A large galactic corporation has bought the naming rights to Mars. It’s probably a wireless/cable TV/internet provider. Instead of Mars, the red planet its Mars, the [corporate name goes here] planet.
- It’s a no trespassing sign. That’s a kind of scary, isn’t it?
- It is the rare and endangered mince meat pie, a species of pie that is practically extinct on this planet.
- It’s a hub cap from a 1957 Desoto FireFlite Sportsman.
- It’s a Hatch. Ask your friends who haven’t gotten over LOST.
Of course NASA has their own ideas as you can read in the article but what do they know?