I’ve got a cold and I’ve got a lot on my mind today so I’m digging out some fluff I stuck in drafts a while back.
Top ten indications you may be obsessed with movies:
- Every time you buckle your seat belt you picture yourself as Steve McQueen in Bullit just before the start of the Race.
- You introduce yourself as Lewis, Angus Lewis and ask for for your iced tea to be shaken, not stirred. (Why is the waitress at Cracker Barrel looking at me that way?)
- You keep searching in drawers and closets for those letters of transit.
- You keep thinking how much better your life would be if it had a sound track.
- By John Williams.
- When your wife says she’s leaving you you think of it as a plot point.
- You lecture your kids about their future with the aid of a story board.
- You go through your day thinking about what scenes should go into the trailer.
- The poster. Where is the iconic still you can use on the poster?
- When you find yourself in an upstairs hall with a glass wall looking down into a large room you want to beat on the wall and shout, “Elaine, Elaine, Elaine.”